POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Announce: Megapov MCP 0.7.0.1 : Re: Announce: Megapov MCP 0.7.0.1 Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announce: Megapov MCP 0.7.0.1
From: Tony[B]
Date: 5 Mar 2001 09:10:12
Message: <3aa39e44@news.povray.org>
> There was also a time before megapov, IIRC it combined a lot of single
> independant patches into one.

Before MegaPOV, there must have been a couple dozen patches roaming around
the Net... Then Ron Parker came and created the SuperPatch. Some time later,
MegaPOV creator Nathan Kopp created UVPOV, and UVPOV and the SuperPatch
existed simultaneously for a long time as well. Then Ron had less time on
his hands and passed on the SuperPatch to his successor, Nathan Kopp and the
rest of the programming POVers. Of this merge {} was born MegaPOV. There was
also a MultiPatch on the Mac, but I don't know much about that. I just know
that the Smellenberg joined Nathan's MegaPOV to their patch and it just kept
going on as MegaPOV. I trust the patches that roam free now will eventually
join into MegaPOV.