POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Render into photo : Re: Render into photo Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render into photo
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 4 Mar 2001 20:53:56
Message: <3aa2f1b4@news.povray.org>
> Yeah, the positioning is a little off. Those are odd buildings, rather
> interesting.

if you remove the photo'd buildings it should look much better, and save you
plenty of headaches in lining things up.

I tried this a while back with a photo of a single building, to add a
reflective ufo floating next to it, with the ufo reflected in the building,
and vice versa, gave up after a while as it was a pig to get lined up just
so.

best results came from creating a cube in moray, setting the photo as a bg
image then moving the camera around for hours till the outline of the box
matched that of the building. still no easy feat, and as I said, gave up
after a while :)

--
Rick

POV-Ray News & Resources - http://povray.co.uk
Kitty5 WebDesign - http://kitty5.com
Hi-Impact web site design & database driven e-commerce
TEL : +44 (01625) 266358 - FAX : +44 (01625) 611913 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key