POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Flow particles, flow ! (247kbu) : Re: Flow particles, flow ! (247kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flow particles, flow ! (247kbu)
From: Rune
Date: 4 Mar 2001 17:05:51
Message: <3aa2bc3f@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" wrote:
> "Rune" wrote:
>
> > > I wonder what it would look like if you hooked several
> > > into a chain, and had a "head" at one end attracted to
> > > a specific point.
> >
> > I'm not sure that could be done using this technique. It
> > would have to be modified anyway.
>
> I had assumed it would take some major changes to your
> algorithm, or were you talking about the "sliding" effect
> itself?

With my sliding method the particles find their own ways. They cannot be
attached to specific points.

> Hmm...a minimum bounce energy?

No *that* simple. That would never give the smooth sliding effect you see.
Not without a huge number of calculation frames anyway.

> In other words, particles lose energy until they go
> below a certain level?

That's right, but the interesting part is what happens when they go below
that level. :)

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org