POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Well - final (115 kbau jpg) : Re: The Well - final (115 kbau jpg) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Well - final (115 kbau jpg)
From: yooper
Date: 4 Mar 2001 11:17:23
Message: <3aa26a93@news.povray.org>
Kari Kivisalo advised me once to set assumed_gamma always to 1.0 and set the
display_gamma to the correct value. He said, those who know what to do can
adjust there viewer accordingly (I should have mentioned that I'm using
assumed_gamma 1.0, though). As I know nobody who seems to understand more of
this topic, I'll stick to his advice.

Marc-Hendrik
------
Yup . . . that's the same thing Alf told me in my Fib Beads thread and I've
read
up on it and have it set up correctly now.  And so . . . any scene rendered
with
that assumed_gamma set to 1.0 should then work everywhere.
**