POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Door into Summer, update : Re: WIP: Door into Summer, update Server Time
20 Jul 2024 23:38:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Door into Summer, update
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 4 Mar 2001 08:25:06
Message: <3aa24231@news.povray.org>
In povray.binaries.animations Bob H. <omniverse0@msn.com> wrote:

> "Geoff Wedig" <wed### [at] darwinepbicwruedu> wrote in message
>>
>> Yeah, and there's an unfortunate flicker there too passing by the tree.

> Noticed that.  Seems to skip a couple frames right between the vase and
> tree, just another spline point would fix that I guess.
> I've wanted to do something like this for a long time, I used to draw such
> things some 25 years ago.  I really like what you have done with this.  The
> grass works well I think, only a place near the doorway that apparently goes
> from textured plane to modeled blades, otherwise it seemed right enough to
> me.
> Could always continue to build on this.

Well, I figured out why this worked incorrectly.  I copy/pasted an incorrect
time for key camera positions.  Unfortunately, fixing it requires
rerendering all the way back to around second 3 (of 10).  Ick.  Well,
luckily I've got a cluster of 30 processors to do it for me.  Should only
take a day or two....

I should probably fix the grass before I do so, though, huh?

Geoff