POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : number_of_waves : Re: number_of_waves Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: number_of_waves
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 4 Mar 2001 00:41:06
Message: <3aa1d572@news.povray.org>
Fabien Mosen wrote in message <3AA16264.309C6534@skynet.be>...
>In an attempt to write something about that feature, I noticed strange
>behaviour of the global_settings number_of_waves parameter.

This is a known bug that is only obvious in versions with a user interface
(Windows and Mac).  What happens is that if you increase number_of_waves,
the number of wave origins is increased, but the program does not update the
list of origins.  As a result, the locations of the additional origins is
undefined.  There is also a second part to this bug:  In versions with a
user interface, when you render a scene, POV-Ray generates the list of wave
origins based on what number_of_waves was set to in the previous rendering,
rather than on its setting in the current scene.

--
Mark