POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Well - final (115 kbau jpg) : Re: The Well - final (115 kbau jpg) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:22:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Well - final (115 kbau jpg)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 3 Mar 2001 17:53:44
Message: <3aa175f8@news.povray.org>
Stephen Bell schrieb in Nachricht <3aa16c07@news.povray.org>...
>Nice revisions.

Thanks.

>The birds were exactly what you needed to liven it up a
>little.  The broom and the hay wagon are great too.  The brightness is
>alright on my monitor, but I have my monitor set really bright all the
time.

Well, I just made a small test render with the light intensity increased by
50% and it came out much "sunnier" I'll make a better quality version
tommorow and decide afterwards.

>My advice to you now is to load it up on a few other computers to see how
>others see it.  You brightened up the scene with a bit more yellow light,
>didn't you?  Whatever you did to the light source, I can tell a difference
>now (especially on the well).

Yes I removed <1,1,0.8> by <1.1,1.1,0.7>.

>Anyway, good job.  Just watch the gamma for
>people on darker computers.

Yeah, I should have thought about it earlier. I render always at
assumed_gama 1 with a display_gamma of 1.6. That's probably what causes all
this trouble, I think.

Marc-Hendrik