POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Door into Summer, update : Re: WIP: Door into Summer, update Server Time
20 Jul 2024 23:38:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Door into Summer, update
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 3 Mar 2001 13:36:20
Message: <3aa139a4@news.povray.org>
In povray.binaries.animations Dave Blandston <grasshoppah@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Wow, this is even better than I was expecting it to be. The animation really
> adds to the illusion.

Thanks.  I hoped it would.

> I know you might just be trying to keep the file size down, but near the end
> of the animation the camera seems to start spinning faster. After I watched
> the animation a few times I got used to it, but it would be better (in my
> opinion, anyway) to maintain a constant speed.

Yeah, and there's an unfortunate flicker there too passing by the tree.
Mostly, it's due to the low frame rate (20 fps), and my own guesstimates on
how fast someone can turn around, plus the spline doing a fast in the
middle, slow at each end thing.  If I really want to do that, I need to
either focal blur it, or slow it down.  I'll probably slow it down and
rerender the last 2 seconds or so as 3-4 seconds.  Should clean that up.

Geoff