POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Door into Summer, update : Re: WIP: Door into Summer, update Server Time
20 Jul 2024 23:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Door into Summer, update
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 3 Mar 2001 13:06:25
Message: <3aa132a1@news.povray.org>
I like the summerside more. Perhaps you should do "Door into Winter" as a
still. :-)
The animation flickers a lot. I've not done many animations myself but I
think it has to do with "jitter", which should be turned off. The
documentation should tell you what to do (I know there is a jitter-keyword
in area-lights - but there might be another one).
I find it interesting, that the winter-side looks darker as the summer when
looked from within the Summer and vice versa.
The winter-forest has to be on both sides because of your method? Otherwise
I would drop the one, which is to be seen at the end of the animation.

IMO you should work on the birds texture a bit ;-)

This is really a nice piece of work. The snow is very good now and the
overall conception is wonderful.

Marc-Hendrik