POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Improved web graphic : Re: Improved web graphic Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Improved web graphic
From: Bob H
Date: 2 Mar 2001 18:58:24
Message: <3aa033a0@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote in message
> I improved the text, but had to cheat a little bit. I put a background
> behind the text and then put ambient "caps" on the fronts of the letters.
> This means that the picture in no longer a representation of a possible
> three dimensional item, but it looks a lot better.

Appearance versus 3D model is most always a compromise.
To me the ambulance and emblem need much more contrast.  With my first look
at it I didn't even know what it was.  Since you want a glass lensing effect
I can understand why it would appear this way but it wasn't clear enough to
me; like the lettering, same sort of problem.

Bob H.