POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HQ-WIP - Photo Realism??? : Re: HQ-WIP - Photo Realism??? Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HQ-WIP - Photo Realism???
From: Harold Baize
Date: 2 Mar 2001 14:42:17
Message: <3a9ff799$1@news.povray.org>
Great image. Very well done and very realistic. I would like to
quible howerver with the use of the term "photo" realistic.
Photographs are not particularly realistic, and I don't see
artifacts in your image (ie. lens flare) that suggest it was made
with a camera. It is better to strive for real world "realism"
not images as distorted by being captured on film through
a lens. So let me praise you work by saying it is more than
"photo" realistic.

Harold