POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Open Source scene editor : Re: Open Source scene editor Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open Source scene editor
From: Scott Hill
Date: 2 Mar 2001 11:00:58
Message: <3a9fc3ba@news.povray.org>
news:3A9FB152.C386BF8A@gmx.de...

...What would be
> very nice is a graphical editor that allows seamless combination with hand
> coding,

    It'll be called Pandora's Box, once it's finished.

> but that would need a quite complete Povray language parser

    And the problem is ?

> and
> you are not allowed to reuse the Povray source code for that.

    And the problem is ?

    Seriously - people keep on throwing in the requirement for a parser as
being the main reason we'll never see a modeller that implements all of POVs
features or seamless hand-coding - what a load of tosh ! POV parses .pov
source files, right ? Therefore _any_ program can parse .pov source files.
You know, it is possible to write a parser without borrowing the code from
somewhere else !

--
Scott Hill.
NC Graphics (Cambridge) Ltd.