POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clay Piranha WIP1 (34kbbu) : Re: Clay Piranha WIP1 (34kbbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clay Piranha WIP1 (34kbbu)
From: Rune
Date: 28 Feb 2001 14:10:13
Message: <3a9d4d15@news.povray.org>
"Tony[B]" wrote:
> Maybe I haven't seen enough clay, but I would have to dissagree
> with the others about this being so "photorealistic".

I'm not sure what you mean.

I agree that the image as a whole is not photorealistic because of the
simple lighting.

But what is it about the clay that you think looks fake?

I would think that the image would become rather photorealistic if the
lighting was improved using radiosity, but maybe the model/texture needs
some improvements too?

> The model itself, on the other hand, is very interesting.

Thanks!

> I like the details on the tail. The rounded teeth help it look
> less menacing, which is nice.

Well, it's supposed to look menacing, not cute...

> I kind of understand how you feel about it. I have little Nick
> which is still around here somewhere. He's very dear to my heart.

Does the clayman Nick exist in reality too, or is he trapped inside the
computer?

> I just look at him and think "Aren't you cute? Yes, you are.
> Yes, you are, you little clay thingy...". 8-)

I look at the piranha and think "Aren't you absentminded? Yes you are. Your
eyes are looking in different directions and I can literally see there's
noting inside your head...".

Then I wave my hand just in front of it and it doesn't react.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org