POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Door into Summer, update : Re: WIP: Door into Summer, update Server Time
21 Jul 2024 05:31:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Door into Summer, update
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 28 Feb 2001 07:28:23
Message: <3a9ceee7@news.povray.org>

> The snow looks good and the bird is a nice addition, but the summer looks
> much too dark in relation to the winter.  The light coming through the
> door is quite bright, so the scenery should be brighter too.

Well, it's difficult.  To get the angle for the light, we're basically
looking into the sun, so we get lots of shadows on the grass, which darkens
that.  The other problem is that the dynamic ranges basically require that
the winter be brighter (white) than the summer (colored).  Of course, if you
take two photos, one winter and one summer, this will be the case as well.

All the same, I am planning on brightening up the grass.

> For some reason i could not view the movies, media player loaded them, but
> no viewable content.

Hmmm, odd.  Dunno how to fix it, though.

Geoff