POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another city-sight (93,7 kbbu) : Re: Another city-sight (93,7 kbbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another city-sight (93,7 kbbu)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 28 Feb 2001 06:27:54
Message: <3a9ce0ba@news.povray.org>
ddombrow schrieb in Nachricht <3a9bf161@news.povray.org>...
>I love what you've done, but I think it looks a bit dead, sort of like a
>ghost town or something.

You are right.

>It needs more signs of life here and there. It
>isn't necessary to add human figures, but just things that show signs of
>habitation. The bucket does this to an extent, but it needs more. Tools
>wagons, plants, clay jars, anything.

I'll see what I can do, I'm just working on a cart. I'm thinking about some
more things, but don't know which I'll do.

>It is still very good though, those are really great wood textures, I love
>the fibonacci stones.

The wood is just T_Wood8 - well not "just" it's first used as a
pigment-function for the iso. The fibonacci stones are superellipsoid-isos
(x^4+y^4+z^4-r^4) with a bit of noise3d and one of 20 pigments.

>Keep up the great work.

I'll try ...

Marc-Hendrik