POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Ice mountain (63kbu) : Re: WIP Ice mountain (63kbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:27:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Ice mountain (63kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 28 Feb 2001 01:09:59
Message: <3a9c9637@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message

> The chain does look very out of place...and it should be encrusted with
> ice.

Didn't think of ice. Any suggestions for a fence that doesn't look human?

> The waterfall needs some work, it should be a lot broader at the base,
> where trickling water would pour on the accumulated ice, and some finer
> detail would be nice. And the rock it is...er, was pouring over looks
> quite artificial, maybe make it more uneven, less like a rock wall. And
> maybe some snow...

The 'rock' is supposed to be a crystal cliff. I agree the waterfall isn't
perfect.
I'll have a go with a particle system or two. Can the results of one
particle
system be used in collision detection with another?

As for snow it's too cold to snow, but there might be some wind blown
powder. Maybe a couple more particle systems <wince>

> You've managed to get it to look quite cold, though.

Good.

> The suns and the city in the background look great, though.

Suns were created using glows and the city was modelled in Rhino.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * System.dat not found.         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Reformat hard drive Y)es O)k  *
* If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0               *