POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clay Piranha WIP1 (34kbbu) : Re: Clay Piranha WIP1 (34kbbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clay Piranha WIP1 (34kbbu)
From: Tony[B]
Date: 27 Feb 2001 22:17:01
Message: <3a9c6dad@news.povray.org>
Maybe I haven't seen enough clay, but I would have to dissagree with the
others about this being so "photorealistic". It looks like 3D to me, plain
and simple. You can see it in the missing normals in the shadow, and the
sharp shadows. I did not do a double-take, like most people here claim they
did. Sorry. :) Again, I think this is missing some radiosity and/or
area_lights. But I'm sure someone will help you with that. ;)

The model itself, on the other hand, is very interesting. I like the details
on the tail. The rounded teeth help it look less menacing, which is nice. I
kind of understand how you feel about it. I have little Nick which is still
around here somewhere. He's very dear to my heart. I just look at him and
think "Aren't you cute? Yes, you are. Yes, you are, you little clay
thingy...". 8-)