POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Space Ship : Re: Space Ship Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:29:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space Ship
From: Data
Date: 27 Feb 2001 21:01:40
Message: <3a9c5c04@news.povray.org>
"Geoff Wedig" wrote .
> Data <not@all> wrote:
>
> > Heh, I'm just a newbie at a lot of this. The only Benzier patch I've
used
> > was in the pov help file. Oh well, I'll keep reading and learning.
>
> I don't hand code beziers like Rune or some others.  I use Moray to do
that
> kind of thing.  I do a lot of pre-modelling in Moray.  By Pre I mean I set
> up basic shapes and positions, but then take what Moray does and hand code
> lot on top of it.  Too much of what I do requires Megapov, for instance,
or
> the ability to do iterations, and the like.  But I find Moray really
useful
> for textures and basic layout of CSG style objects.

Had a look at Moray. I don't know why, but I find wireframes diffcult.
Though I did have a look - there's a pointy shuttlecraft made with a benzier
patch on my art site

> > moment I'm trying to do a shuttle craft for the starship.
> > www.geocities.com/dafrahn/pics/nornfleet2.gif  - 159k and a newer look.
> > The old look was a 759k gif. (it's still up as nornfleet1.gif if you can
> > spare the bandwidth)
> > I should start looking through some of the files I've been downloading
> > see how things are done.
> > You're right, blobs can be slow to render, especially on a Cyrix
machine. I
> > do like the smooth, streamlined look, though.
>
> There are other ways to get that, though.  It's a matter of *how*
> streamlined you want things.  I think my image is pretty streamlined,
though
> there are hard edges in places.  Working with CSG to get streamlined
objects
> isn't always easy though, unless you're really good with math.

True, yours is most definately streamlined :) And CSG would make adding
windows a lot easier, plus a cockpit on smaller craft. They both have uses
:)

--
Data
http://www.databanks.50megs.com