POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clay Piranha WIP1 (34kbbu) : Re: Clay Piranha WIP1 (34kbbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clay Piranha WIP1 (34kbbu)
From: Rune
Date: 27 Feb 2001 14:28:34
Message: <3a9bffe2@news.povray.org>
"Duncan Gray" wrote:
> What gave it away to me way the sharp shadows and the lack
> of a background, so in my humble opinion I'd suggest that
> is where the work is needed for a phot-realistic effect.

I will try out radiosity. As for a background I'm not sure. I personally
like the simple white plane, and photographs can also be made to look that
way, so I don't think it's required to obtain photo-realism.

> I was going to ask how you'd done it, I didn't think it
> could have been just blobs and a surface normal, but your
> previous replies have confirmed that this is the case.

Yes.

> A brilliant piece of work from a master of blobs.

Well, this is my most complicated blob so far; it's not like I have a lot of
experience with it. I think H.E. Day is more worthy of the title... But
thank you anyway! :)

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org