POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Door into Summer : Re: WIP: Door into Summer Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:22:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Door into Summer
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 27 Feb 2001 13:30:25
Message: <3a9bf241@news.povray.org>
Geoff Wedig <wed### [at] darwinepbicwruedu> wrote in message

> Maybe I'm missing something.  I did a search on the Pov docs and didn't
find
> any reference for pass_through.  I looked at the Megapov docs and only
found
> it for photons.  Can you do a pass through with normal light_sources?  If
> so, I think I might have figured a way to make this image much easier, and
> faster.

From the megapov docs:

6.5. Projected through
Author: Ronald L. Parker

syntax:

light_source {
  projected_through {object {...}}
}
The light rays that pass through the projected_through object will be the
only light rays that contribute to the scene. Any objects between the light
and the projected through object will not cast shadows for this light. Also
any surface within the projected through object will not cast shadows. Any
textures or interiors on the object will be stripped and the object will not
show up in the scene. This is if the ambient value in the finish {} is set
to 0.

HTH

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * System.dat not found.         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Reformat hard drive Y)es O)k  *
* If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0               *