POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another city-sight (93,7 kbbu) : Re: Another city-sight (93,7 kbbu) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:23:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another city-sight (93,7 kbbu)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 26 Feb 2001 13:15:51
Message: <3a9a9d57@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann schrieb in Nachricht <3A9A938C.F97101B9@gmx.de>...
>With radiosity, additional light sources should usually be used very
>sparsely. A light source at the camera position is no good idea IMO. If
>you use appropriate radiosity settings (recursion_limit >= 2) and
>finishes, things should work.

I'm not happy with that light either, but I couldn't make it work. it's just
color 0.2, but makes a big difference.  Recursion_limit is at 3. The rest is
set to the default values (according to your radiosity-tutorial, but I
copied the settings in the radiosity block). My idea was that the dark slate
roof absorbs all the radiosity light. Is that possible?
I didn't care much about the finishes yet. ambient is set to 0 of course
(using MegaPov 0.6a). I once tried diffuse 1 which did not much difference
to the default 0.65. Should I use different settings?

Marc-Hendrik