POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : compile probs : compile probs Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:27:32 EDT (-0400)
  compile probs
From: Setepenaset
Date: 26 Feb 2001 12:23:46
Message: <3a9a9122@news.povray.org>
Greetings -
Apologies in advance if this is the wrong group.
I'm attempting to compile povray for win98, using the unix code. As I am
unschooled and unskilled, I've run into a variety of problems. Zlib worked
fine, but in attempting to compile pnglib (using makefile.w32),
I run into this:

$ make test
gcc -c -Ox -W3 -I..\zlib .c >> pngerrs
gcc: .c: No such file or directory
gcc: No input files
make: *** [pngtest.obj] Error 1

When gcc accesses this line:

png$(O): png.h pngconf.h
    $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) $*.c $(ERRFILE)

The question is, how do I make gcc accept *.c as a wildcard call? (It jumps
from there to the pngtest.exe call, skipping a whole lot of compile steps
and *not* generating an error for 'errfile')

Sorry for bothering y'all with this trivia: if anyone can point me to a
source of data that could clear my confusion, it would save you the
heartache of dealing with me again.

Best regards, and TIA

Setep