POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : dusty? or bad use of media...? [3 total~147KB Jpg] : Re: dusty? or bad use of media...? [~32KB Jpg] Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:29:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dusty? or bad use of media...? [~32KB Jpg]
From: Bob H
Date: 26 Feb 2001 05:39:52
Message: <3a9a3278@news.povray.org>
news:3A9### [at] gmxde...

> My first impression of the pictures was that it looks somehow like stormy
> water (except the colors of course).
>
> The sharp structures in left foreground look somehow wrong for dust.
>
> The upper third of the scene looks very nice though.

Thanks.  The part that ended up well above ground level in the lower left
was what I thought of as being like wind-blown snow or dust you see across
roads or arctic ice or something.
I did the stereo pair as a quick way to see where everything was.  Moving
the camera changes the appearance of the media so much it I figured it
wasn't a good option to try.
Since you mentioned stormy water I think I'll have to try that now.

Hmm, it's worse that I thought.  Well, it has it's good points I guess, see
for yourselves.  The reason for the thinness was because of my balancing out
large changes in brightness/darkness scattering does to it while trying to
keep a place to see the landing craft.  Basically my typical struggle with
media.

Bob H.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: