POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : dusty? or bad use of media...? [3 total~147KB Jpg] : Re: dusty? or bad use of media...? [3 total~147KB Jpg] Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dusty? or bad use of media...? [3 total~147KB Jpg]
From: yooper
Date: 25 Feb 2001 14:31:48
Message: <3a995da4@news.povray.org>
What I ended up with so far is very much an illusion, and to show
what I mean by that I made stereo pairs.
Careful, don't strain your eyes too much.    X-)

Bob H.
***
Too late ;)
By illusion . . . do you mean that the dark area in the lower left is
supposed to be the suface but is actually *above* the other textures?
That's how it appears to me in the 3D anyway.
However, the light colored cloud across the back looks very much
like a dust cloud rising up into the sky in that view.

   The 3D shot looks to be about 360 pixels wide for each view and
that's quite a ways to stretch the eyes . . . most people probably will
have trouble seeing it without going blind.  Dependent of screen res.
  I've had lots of practice.
Seems like the limit for the separation is around 200 to keep the eyes
from freaking out but that really limits what you can display. Prints
viewed in a Steroscope though are quite amazing and there is no eye
strain.

  If you could get the layers to show up at the proper distances, that
would give a great effect of looking down on this scene from high.

  Check out my reply to your 3D inquire in the Door to Summer thread.
The 3D pic there uses high clouds to great effect.  That effect here
would be excellent for perspective.

**