POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Patina and metal wear test v.5 : Re: Patina and metal wear test v.5 Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:26:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patina and metal wear test v.5
From: Duncan Gray
Date: 25 Feb 2001 07:50:40
Message: <3a98ffa0@news.povray.org>
This is excellent.

The way the edges and the centre of the surfaces have been polished, but
just in from the edges has a darker appearance ... Brilliant. The scratches
and scuffy on the surface I think are perhaps unneccesary, but do add to the
effect.

The only thing I would suggest is to turn the whole effect down a little,
but I'm sure you have only made the effect this strong for testing and
demonstration purposes.

Cant figure out how how you have done it, but I look forward to examining
the code when posted :)

Very good, I am much impressed.
--
Duncan Gray