POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pre . . . Fib Beads : Re: pre . . . Fib Beads Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pre . . . Fib Beads
From: Alf Peake
Date: 25 Feb 2001 07:27:33
Message: <3a98fa35@news.povray.org>
Open your povray.ini, which will be in your povray folder, in any text
editor then add at the end:
Display_Gamma=2.2

For example an extract from mine:
  Library_Path=C:\DOS\POVRAY
  Library_Path=C:\DOS\POVRAY\include
  Library_Path=C:\DOS\POVRAY\include\mine
  Display=on
  Display_Gamma=2.1
  +dgt

For most PC monitors gamma 2.2ish should be OK, but I don't know about
LCDs or Macs. Anyone else with a different monitor gamma, but using
"your" pov source should then see what you see.
Check "3.2.2.2   Display Output Options" in the docs.

Hope this helps

Alf

"yooper" <Out### [at] huntelnet> wrote in message
> Try display_gamma=2.2 or whatever to match YOUR monitor,
> in your povray.ini, then use assumed_gamma 1 in your pov file.
>
> ***
[snip]
>    OK . . . I've read everything I can find on this and I understand
> why these commands are used.  However, I cannot find the
> dislplay_gamma setting anywhere and I have no clue as to what
> I have to do to set it.  I don't know what I'm doing in these ini
files