POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Smoke Trail (60kbbu) : Re: Smoke Trail (60kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:28:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smoke Trail (60kbbu)
From: Rune
Date: 24 Feb 2001 20:00:49
Message: <3a985941@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" wrote:
>     That is a very realistic (for POV) animation. I mean
> discounting the missile and the colored smoke that fades
> a little jerkily and all the other things one should
> discount...

I didn't go for realism... :)

>     What kind of render time did you get for that.

I used emission and absorption media, method 3, with only one sample. I
think though that more samples are created internally, since the spheres
overlap so much.

The animation is 40 frames. It took perhaps 50-55 sec. a frame. 48 of those
are tracing.

And note that my computer is a slow P150 w. 16 MB RAM.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org