POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Electrical schematics include - Multivibrator.png (1/1) : Re: Electrical schematics include - Multivibrator.png (1/1) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Electrical schematics include - Multivibrator.png (1/1)
From: Alf Peake
Date: 24 Feb 2001 18:34:18
Message: <3a9844fa@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
> In article <3A959023.DEC3722F@hotmail.com>, Dan Johnson
> <zap### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
> > Hey just found something that might be in interest.  A finished
circuit
> > board, and schematic made in povray.
> >
> > http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alf_Peake/PC-BOARD.JPG
>
> I remember seeing that before...I think it was posted here.
> Hmm, what is it? (Mr. Peake, you reading this?)

Yes Mr. Huff :-), I think I posted it on Compuserve a few years ago
but not here.

[snip]
> "door"...maybe a trigger for a garage door opener, or an alarm for
when
> a door gets opened, or a doorbell. The last two make the most
sense...

Bingo! We have a winner. A door bell kit from Maplin many years ago to
replace one that got zapped by lightning.

> I think he used image_maps for the part numbers and art, and maybe a
> height_field for the copper traces (it looks slightly raised)...that

Part numbers done with PSPro. The Cu track was scanned with a hand
scanner (hi-tech then), then used as a HF. Needed to accentuate the Cu
height for non-techies ;-)

[snip]
> redoing much of it for each new part. And the schematic looks like
it
> was hand drawn, then scanned in as 1-bit color.

A Logitech 4-bit BW hand scanner on the supplied schematic. Took 3
scan strips if I remember, then was image_mapped onto a bozo HF. 1-bit
coz 4-bits was way to large a file then.

[snip]

--
Alf

http://www.peake42.freeserve.co.uk/