POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : PVMPOV for win32 : Re: PVMPOV for win32 Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:14:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PVMPOV for win32
From: Jonathan Hunt
Date: 24 Feb 2001 11:08:28
Message: <3a97dc7c$1@news.povray.org>
> Since PVMPov is usually compiled with gcc under Linux you
> might try Cygwin instead of the MS-Compiler.

I managed to get the unix version of POV-Ray to compile under
Cygwin,  I managed to get it patched to pvmpov, and even managed
to get PVM itself to compile.
Unfortunately t does seem to work properly.  I can run pvm,
then start pvmpov.  pvmpov gives all the usual povray output,
says it's started rendering, then just sits there doing nothing.
From the pvm console, I can see that a job has been started,
but nothing ever happens after that :(

Anyway,  I've sort of given up on the pvm route, and I'm working
on another solution.  I'm going to write my own simple distributed
povray rendering program.  Nothing fancy.  Just something to
split up the image and allocate a chunk to a each slave task.

I'll let you know how I'm getting on when I have something
working (or not!) :-)

--
Jonathan Hunt
http://www.xlcus.co.uk/