POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pre . . . Fib Beads : Re: pre . . . Fib Beads Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pre . . . Fib Beads
From: yooper
Date: 23 Feb 2001 21:58:49
Message: <3a972369@news.povray.org>
Nice !

This image makes me want to do more Fibonacci images.

Maybe you could use area_light(s) to avoid the sharp
shadows from the letters.
***
Thanks . . .

Yes . . . of course they affect the highlights on the beads too . . .
I did a lot of changes today for the finish of the beads . . .
changed to specular and some metallic to make them glow a
bit . . . kind of a pearl look to the light colored ones.  But . . .
I don't like how the darker ones look with that and the beads
in the shadow look completely flat.  So . . . more work to be
done.  My original idea was to have them translucent with the
lighting shining thru from the back.

  I do like how the Fibonacci pattern enhances the curves.