POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Stupid Question : Re: Stupid Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid Question
From: Tom Melly
Date: 23 Feb 2001 12:06:03
Message: <3a96987b$1@news.povray.org>
news:3a9678ad@news.povray.org...
> Tom Melly <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote:
> : Yep - BTW, the layered texture didn't work ("can't layer over layered
> : texture").
>
>   How can this be possible? A mandel pigment is not a layered texture.

It is if you apply Rune's (IIRC) fur texture to each pigment used. I'm sure
there is an elegant solution to my problem (splitting Rune's texture macro
into seperate pigment and normals and finishes for instance), but this is
for the IRTC so I've gone for the quick kludge (3 objects on top of each
other).