POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Waterfall (119kbbu) : Re: Waterfall (119kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:32:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Waterfall (119kbbu)
From: Rune
Date: 23 Feb 2001 09:10:08
Message: <3a966f40@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" wrote:
> I'm interested in what you are trying to accomplish...so
> far, the particle_system patch can do all of this, and
> probably faster.

I've never used the particle_system patch so I don't know much about it's
features. For example I didn't know that the particles could be glows and
that it supported cyclic animation.

> Do you just want a particle system that can be used in ordinary
> MegaPOV? Or do you have a specific goal in mind that the
> particle_system patch isn't suited for?

Since I haven't tried the particle_system patch I don't know if my system
would have any advantages over it. Anyway, my patch will be *mine*, it will
be made my *me*, it will work exactly as *I* want! :)

> I have tried to design my particle system to be as general as
> possible...I've used it for spraypaint, fountains, smoke, fire,
> and snow...

I didn't know that; it sounds interesting. I think the general awareness of
your particle_system patch and its possibilities could be improved if you
posted some animations showing it's various uses. Or maybe such animations
are already available somewhere?

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org