POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to read long strings (looking for method and bug report) : Re: how to read long strings (looking for method and bug report) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to read long strings (looking for method and bug report)
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Date: 23 Feb 2001 04:36:23
Message: <3a962f17@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote in message <3a94e9b0@news.povray.org>...
> In povray.general Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:
> : 1. can anybody confirm this bug ?
>
> Could you post a short code that causes the bug so that we could just
> test it right away? It would be the easiest way.

but ... it is sended in my post :-)

#declare A=" "
#declare A=concat(A,A) // 2
#declare A=concat(A,A) // 4
#declare A=concat(A,A) // 8
#declare A=concat(A,A) // 16
#declare A=concat(A,A) // 32
#declare A=concat(A,A) // 64
#declare A=concat(A,A) // 128
#declare A=concat(A,A) // 256
#declare A=concat(A,A) // 512
#declare A=concat(A,A) // 1024
#warning concat(A,";\n")

> : 2. can anybody propose another simple method for build reading from external
> : text file with specified structure ?
>
> Like for example the PCM file format?

thanks for advice

ABX