POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pinewood Derby Phase I (143 KB) : Re: Pinewood Derby Phase I (143 KB) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pinewood Derby Phase I (143 KB)
From: yooper
Date: 22 Feb 2001 17:31:45
Message: <3a959351$1@news.povray.org>
I am pretty happy with what I ended up, though, despite my hit-and-miss
approach.  I prefer to think of textures as half art and half voodoo.  If
you know what you're going to end up with before you start, then it takes
all the fun away!

***
Exactly !!!
My greatest finds are those things I discover because I've made a
wrong turn and ended up in a place that I never would have imagined
even existed if I hadn't strayed from the path.  I never finish a program
. . . always something new to add or try . . . some new direction grabs
me and I'm off.  Of course, I never complete anything either and that is
probably a fault.  I am never lacking for ideas but If I worked for R&D,
I'd need a team of people to finish the task 'cause as soon as I've fingered
out how some thing works . . . I'm off to the next.  Character flaw to be
sure but by god its MY flaw and I don't have time to worry about it ;) hehe
However, with POVray and MegaPOV . . . there is no need to worry
about getting bored . . . awesome stuff this !!!  Thanks to all of you here
for making it work.

where to next?