POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pinewood Derby Phase I (143 KB) : Re: Pinewood Derby Phase I (143 KB) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pinewood Derby Phase I (143 KB)
From: Cris Williams
Date: 22 Feb 2001 16:22:17
Message: <3a958309@news.povray.org>
Well, it comes down to this  - you gentlemen know exactly how each of the
finish components interact and thus approach the task of creating textures
methodically and scientifically.  I, on the other hand, have only a vague
understanding of what I'm doing, and just sit and wiggle the slider knobs
until I arrive at something acceptably close to the desired appearance. :-)

I am pretty happy with what I ended up, though, despite my hit-and-miss
approach.  I prefer to think of textures as half art and half voodoo.  If
you know what you're going to end up with before you start, then it takes
all the fun away!

Cris Williams