POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Door into Summer, update : Re: Door into Summer, update Server Time
21 Jul 2024 05:24:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Door into Summer, update
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 22 Feb 2001 13:01:31
Message: <3a9553fa@news.povray.org>

> Geoff Wedig wrote:
>>
>> Depends on how cold the walls are.  If really cold, the snow wouldn't stick,
>> if moderately warm, the snow would melt and run down the sides to pile at
>> the base.

> At least in the gaps between the stones and near the vases, there would
> have to be some snow.

You're probably right.  In one of my test pictures, the snow blob actually
appeared through the isosurface in several little bits, but in changing the
isosurface, that went away (that wasn't the intent of the change, just a
side effect).  Maybe I can do something similar.  I'm not sure the effort of
placing a lot of little snowblobs would be all that useful though.

> I posted a simple snowing macro some time ago, but it probably does not
> work well for windy situations.

Hmm, maybe I should look into it.

Geoff