POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pre . . . Fib Beads : pre . . . Fib Beads Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  pre . . . Fib Beads
From: yooper
Date: 22 Feb 2001 12:53:15
Message: <3a95520b@news.povray.org>
OK . . . having no luck getting the pic here so . . .
will just send the spiel to see if I at least can post a new message.
If this gets here . . . then at least I'm on the right track and there is
some problem with the impage or my ISP.

If this message makes it, I'll try posting the pic with a reply to it.

Thanks for yer indulgence . . . I will get this figured out somehow.
--------------

Shamelessly lifted the code from Tor's  "Fibonacci Stones"
and saw that it originally came from Alf Peake  . . .  thanks guyz.

  This started out as an attempt to render a stained-glass window
with light rays streaming through but, as usual, I got sidetracked
when I came across the Fibonacci scenes here.  So I decided to
see if I could project an image onto a pattern of blobs or spheres
and make them transparent.  Haven't been able to get the .png files
working that way but . . . liked how the beads looked so moved on.

  Opted to go for spheres instead of blobs so I could better control
the size and spacing ( I'm still workin' at understanding Tor's Anti-
Blobs ;) and used Alf's code to create a union of 3200 spheres.
Then just projected the pic at it.  Didn't have to worry about using
a transparent background 'cause . . . I just kept altering the number
of spheres until the union included the portion of the photo that I
wanted.  Just played with scaling and translating within the image
projection and altering the sphere size and spacing until I had what
I wanted. (many test renderings later ;)

  Did it in POV 3.1 . . . couldn't seem to get the ambient lighting bright
enough in Megapov 7 . . . without bumping it from 0.3 way up to 0.8
or so.  And I had to do that using the #default finish statement.  Have
not been able to find how to add the finish statement into the image
texture.  But I was tired by then so . . . will continue to experiment.
Also noticed changes in how the textures changed when I switched
between 3.1 and MP7 . . . is there something I need to change within
the INC files . . . interior statements for the finishes . . . ?

  Originally was gonna do a background but opted to leave it as is
'cause I didn't want to distract from the image . . . and it seemed to
have a nice balance to it.

  Rendered as 1280 x 1024 . . . knocked it down to 1024 to drop the
file size . . . it's still ok . . .800 really hurts it so . . .

  This is my 1st pic post ever so don't be too hard on me . . .
And I have isosurfaces yet to explore and all of the MegaPov tweaks.

I do enjoy all of the give and take here . . . seems like a big family.

Y :)