POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Fountain (250kbbu) : Re: Fountain (250kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:34:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fountain (250kbbu)
From: Richard Dault
Date: 21 Feb 2001 08:55:30
Message: <3a93c8d2@news.povray.org>
> I use blobs too. The reason I was confused by your animation is that the
> blobs seems to be cluttered together in groups. I wondered if those groups
> were small iso-surfaces, but I understand they are groups of blob
elements.

I see.  They are a little cluttered together, but as I mention, the more
frames, the less they clutter.

> That's not what I meant, but never mind, my question was only relevant if
> you #write data to files and read them in the next frame. (Some of those
> kind of particle systems create more particles if you have more frames.)
But
> I guess your animation is based on the clock keyword alone, in which case
my
> question was irrelevant.

Actually, I do read/write from files, but I do not create new particles,
it's just that some of them aren't visible.  Once a particle exceeds a
certain time value, it gets reset and repeats.  This allowed me to do cyclic
animation.