POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Door into Summer : Re: Door into Summer Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:26:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Door into Summer
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 21 Feb 2001 07:53:37
Message: <3a93ba51@news.povray.org>
ddombrow <ddo### [at] vtedu> wrote:

> Personally, I want to see some cool skies, maybe Jaime's cload plane or some
> other, this would increase realism dramatically, I feel. More variation in
> the color of the bricks and maybe a tad less bump would do good. Some
> crownwork or a flat railing on the stonework would be nice as well.
> Something to break that horizon would be good.

> I really like this, keep up the good work.

I want to leave the winter side flat, because it looks a little barren and
desolate, upping the contrast.  My experiments with clouds on the summer
side met with limited success (the clouds on a skysphere don't flatten
towards the horizon, so it looked really fake)  So I just did a gradient of
blues.  I may try again, if I can find some good, fast rendering clouds.

Geoff