POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Fountain (250kbbu) : Re: Fountain (250kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:34:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fountain (250kbbu)
From: Rune
Date: 20 Feb 2001 17:43:24
Message: <3a92f30c$1@news.povray.org>
"Richard Dault" wrote:
> > What is the water particles made of? I can't quite see it.
> > Isosurfaces?
>
> Blobs.  I find it does a pretty good job.  The more particles
> there are, the smoother water-like it gets.  I think there are
> 700 particles in this animation.

I use blobs too. The reason I was confused by your animation is that the
blobs seems to be cluttered together in groups. I wondered if those groups
were small iso-surfaces, but I understand they are groups of blob elements.

> > Does the simulation change if you change the frame-rate of
> > the animation?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by this, but if I change the number
> of frames, then it does get smoother and slower.

That's not what I meant, but never mind, my question was only relevant if
you #write data to files and read them in the next frame. (Some of those
kind of particle systems create more particles if you have more frames.) But
I guess your animation is based on the clock keyword alone, in which case my
question was irrelevant.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org