POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chipped Marbles. (20K) : Re: Chipped Marbles. (20K) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chipped Marbles. (20K)
From: Duncan Gray
Date: 19 Feb 2001 17:49:46
Message: <3a91a30a@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos wrote:
> For the coloured swirls inside I'd suggest using then same index of
> refraction as the glass to remove the 'bubble' look. Maybe something with
> bozo transparency might do the trick to get that blended look....

Ah, actually this effect was quite intentional, I thought they did have air
trapped in there alongside the swirls. I've done it by making the swirls
slightly reflective as opposed to adjusting the IOR, but it'll be easy to
remove.

Once I've got some ribbon-type swirls, I'll try rendering without. On this
swirl-model it looks a bit flat without the white highlights inside the
marble.

Thanks for your thoughts.

--
Duncan Gray