POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chipped Marbles. (20K) : Re: Chipped Marbles. (20K) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chipped Marbles. (20K)
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 19 Feb 2001 10:00:18
Message: <3a913502@news.povray.org>
The one on the right looks closest to a used marble.

From what I vaguely remember is that the marbles have the
green-glass-tint-look(absorbing media). When they're used a lot they get
tiny white chips resulting in a dirty-white or ash look. I also remember
marbles getting quite large chips in them, sometimes preventing from rolling
straight.

For the coloured swirls inside I'd suggest using then same index of
refraction as the glass to remove the 'bubble' look. Maybe something with a
bozo transparency might do the trick to get that blended look....

Nekar