POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chipped Marbles. (20K) : Re: Chipped Marbles. (20K) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chipped Marbles. (20K)
From: Bob H
Date: 19 Feb 2001 09:38:01
Message: <3a912fc9@news.povray.org>
"Richard Morton" <rmm### [at] anywhereyoulike> wrote in message

> Does anyone remember the names of the different types of marbles and their
> relative values.
> - Ballbearings (metal both normal and dobber size)
>
>  Can anyone remember any other marble jargon ?

Although I played with marbles I remember little of the nomenclature about
them, however we called the ballbearings steelies.
About the rendering, I've always thought of the glass as being tinted green.
They look real good to me anyway, even if not fitting my idea of a marble
exactly.
Side note on marbles: I have 5 ceramic marbles that were excavated from the
1996 Olympic games site Atlanta, Georgia, USA where a marble factory existed
going back to the 1800's.   Maybe I should render them.
Having said that I did try to.  See attachment please.

Bob H.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ceramic marbles.jpg' (24 KB)