POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chipped Marbles. (20K) : Re: Chipped Marbles. (20K) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chipped Marbles. (20K)
From: Duncan Gray
Date: 18 Feb 2001 19:34:10
Message: <3a906a02@news.povray.org>
ddombrow wrote:
> I'd say the on the left looks excellent, and I wouldn't think a glass
marble
> would crack without shattering completely. Then again, I never played with
> marbles much.

I've used the wrong term really, my mistake. Crack does imply some depth to
the damage, and if a marble were found in this state, then it would surely
become two fractions of a marble next time it were dropped.

Perhaps scratched would perhaps better describe the effect I'm searching
for. Does anyone out there have access to any well used marbles; can you
check should I be going for scratched and chipped, or just chipped ?

I'm thinking also that I've got the coloured bit all wrong as well. Should
be more ribbon-like, less solid.

Think I best head for the toy shop this week and remind myself what they
look like !

Thanks for your thoughts.
--
Duncan Gray