POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Greetings Race Fans! (607 kbbu) : Re: Greetings Race Fans! (607 kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:28:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Greetings Race Fans! (607 kbbu)
From: Rune
Date: 18 Feb 2001 12:30:58
Message: <3a9006d2@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:
> They accelerate or brake in response to what they see in
> front of them, and always steer to the clearest path in
> front of them.  Pretty cool

Yes, I agree! Exactly how does a car "see" the other cars? Is it given
information about it's location or what? And how does it decide which cars
to worry about? Does it consider the closest car only, or cars inside a
certain radius from it or...?

Oh wait, you said you posted the code - so I can just look for myself...

> (Whew! I was afraid Rune was going to beat me to this.
> Not that we are in a race, but sometimes he implements
> better solutions to my ideas before i can!)

Hehe, don't worry, I'll concentrate on my particle system for a while! :)

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 28)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org