POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Weav Texture....(~50 k) : Re: A Weav Texture....(~50 k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Weav Texture....(~50 k)
From: AC
Date: 16 Feb 2001 17:19:09
Message: <3a8da75d@news.povray.org>
"Marc-Hendrik Bremer" <Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message

> I hope that was at least a bit clearer. You could just try it out: change
> the patterns to grayscale and make the yellow part black. Then render the
> box with an orthographic camera from right above and use the image as an
> heightfield.

I'm not shure I could use that idea now , It would mean that I would have to
re-make the heightfield every time I change the width of the threads. Or
change the weave a little bit like makeing a double, or  tripple weave like
in the pic below. However I think I could use the trick on somthing else
some time.

Right now I'm working with normals and a checkered filter that I can put in
between the weave layers to darken the bottom weave layer to get the "heigtt
diffrence".

I still have a lot to learn in this program, but it is just wonderful to use
when it is possible to have this nice controll over the final picture...

Ambis

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Weav3.jpg' (11 KB)