POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Why is sphere_spline so slow? : Why is sphere_spline so slow? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Why is sphere_spline so slow?
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 16 Feb 2001 11:09:11
Message: <3a8d50a7@news.povray.org>
Recently, I've been working with a picture where I used a sphere spline for
the handle of a vase.  Now, without the spline, the scene renders in a few
minutes.  With it, it takes well over an hour (I didn't let it finish), even
though the spline is a very small segment of the pic.  Why does it take so
long?  Could it be a bounding box issue?  Every pixel was taking longer,
regardless of the location relative to the sphere_spline.

If it's not that, does anyone else have any suggestions?

Geoff