POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : 0.7 crashing every other time : Re: 0.7 crashing every other time Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 0.7 crashing every other time
From: Tom Melly
Date: 16 Feb 2001 05:15:56
Message: <3a8cfddc$1@news.povray.org>
"Bob H."
<per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News:%20&body=Relating%20to%20POV-Ray:>
wrote in message news:3a8c706b@news.povray.org...

<SNIP>

Hmm, I've had a similiar(ish) problem with mp 6 on win95.

The bug I reported (mp crashing if pigment list limit exceeded) did similiar
things.

I would render the scene using too large a map, MP would sometimes crash and
sometimes it would give me a correct error message.

If I got the correct error message, and modified the scene to use a smaller,
legal, map, MP would invariably crash when I tried to re-render.

In other words, MP seemed to be crashing not because of a problem in the
current scene, but because of a problem in the scene it had last rendered.

Dunno if this helps, but it does sound similiar to the problem you're
having.