POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Weav Texture....(~50 k) : Re: A Weav Texture....(~50 k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 00:27:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Weav Texture....(~50 k)
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 15 Feb 2001 18:32:51
Message: <3a8c6723@news.povray.org>
AC schrieb in Nachricht <3a8bfebd@news.povray.org>...

>"Marc-Hendrik Bremer" <Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message
>

>> What do you want to do with it? Wouldn't it be better to rotate the
marble
>> by 90 degree? In that way the colour get darker when they go "deeper". If
>It is not that easy to do it in a "smooth" way , Then I would get a clear
>break in the weave just before it goes deeper

Hm, I see ...

>"height"??? Sorry I'm not shure what you mean.

That most likely because I did not use the correct word. Well if you take a
heightfield, you get higher points with a brighter spot of your image and
vice versa. The way your pattern is at the moment, there would be a sharp
edge at the transition from the red to the blue part, 'cause the brightness
of the red part does not decrease when it is going to "go under" the blue
one. Instead the red string becomes deeper at the other sides and would go
deeper instead of higher when the blue string goes "under" it.

I hope that was at least a bit clearer. You could just try it out: change
the patterns to grayscale and make the yellow part black. Then render the
box with an orthographic camera from right above and use the image as an
heightfield.

Sorry for any confusion my poor knowledge of the English language may have
caused.

Marc-Hendrik