POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Space Ship : Re: Space Ship Server Time
20 Jul 2024 09:29:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space Ship
From: Data
Date: 14 Feb 2001 12:25:13
Message: <3a8abf79@news.povray.org>
"Geoff Wedig" wrote.
> Data <not@all> wrote:
> > "Geoff Wedig" wrote.

> > OMG. That beats the hell out of my blob & glow starship. Blown away!
Took a
> > while to download on a 56k modem but worth it, that's for sure. Now
there's
> > something for me to aim for
>
> Entirely done with CSG.  No meshes or anything funky.  Only non primitive
> would be the pods on either side, which are Bez patches.
>
> I'm not good with blobs, and I find they're too slow to render, so I don't
> use them much.

Heh, I'm just a newbie at a lot of this. The only Benzier patch I've used
was in the pov help file. Oh well, I'll keep reading and learning. At the
moment I'm trying to do a shuttle craft for the starship.
www.geocities.com/dafrahn/pics/nornfleet2.gif  - 159k and a newer look.
The old look was a 759k gif. (it's still up as nornfleet1.gif if you can
spare the bandwidth)
I should start looking through some of the files I've been downloading to
see how things are done.
You're right, blobs can be slow to render, especially on a Cyrix machine. I
do like the smooth, streamlined look, though.